DIBOND was developed in 1992 by market leaders 3A Composites as one of the first aluminium composite materials for the display and signage markets. DIBOND consists of two 0.3mm thick aluminium cover layers and a polyethylene or mineral core. The lightweight sheet material can be transformed three dimensionally by using the routing and folding technique whilst also being extremely rigid and stable making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Made in Germany, DIBOND has been chosen as the ideal material for large signage applications, architectural signs, display and exhibition, POS / POP display, digital & screen printing, photo mounting, interior design, industry and transport. The design opportunities are endless, with an extensive range of colours and finishes: front and reversed sided are either stove lacquered with white or coloured surfaces either available in matt or high gloss or even brushed, anodized, mirror like or wood effect.
*Stock colours shown, more available on indent
- High corrosion resistance
- Excellent processing parameters, e.g. bending, routing and folding
- Colour quality, trueness and colour thickness
- Absolutely flat surface
- Stocked and distributed locally
- Applicable for screen printing and direct-to-substrate digital printing
- UV protection
- Optimized for outdoor signage use
- Low thermal expansion compared to plastic materials
- Low weight combined with high rigidity and dimensional stability
- Cost-effective through flat transportation and local manufacture installation